Role: Game Designer
Studio: Sumo Nottingham
Platforms: PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch
Time on Project: 1 year, 6 months
- I was responsible for Structuring Team Adventure mode (the Single player campaign).This included:
- Designing the adventure map layout, ordering the races and making sure race types and tracks are introduced to the player in a considered and not overwhelming way.
- balancing difficulty by deciding on how many teams are in the race and how dificult the track is to navigate.
- balancing progression, planning out stars, star gates and unlockables.
- Designing the Wisps (weapons) behaviours and balancing them.
- Implementing the narrative scenes via XML, making sure all VO and UI elements are correctly refrenced and display at the right times.
- Implementing Loading screen tips and Help menu via XML.